ZE RACE : Downwind long distance in Guadeloupe, French Caribbean
Registration exclusively online on : Registrations
8th Annual Edition of ZE RACE : Saturday, January 27, 2018
The Watermen Karukera Club organizes a long distance race « Downwind » of about 50km in open ocean, linking 2 islands of Guadeloupe, well known as ZE RACE.
ZE RACE is open to Stand Up Paddle (SUP and SUP Foil), Outriggers Canoes, Surfskis and Prones Paddleboard, both amateur and professional, and can be solo or in teams of 2 or 3.
To make things worse, the solos perform the race in self-sufficiency in water and food.
In parallel, the same day, a Mini ZE RACE of 5 km will be organized for the young and the beginners.
ZE RACE attracts more and more competitors, amateurs and professionals, national and international. In addition to the regular Guadeloupe and Martinique competitors, ZE RACE has already had the pleasure of receiving many top competitors as for example :
Stand Up Paddle :
– Olivia Piana (N°1 France, France 2017 team, champion of France, vice World Champion LD 2017 and European Champion)
– Amandine Chazot (N°2 France, France 2017 team, vice World Champion 2017 Sprint)
– Martin Letourneur (top 5 France)
– Gaétan Séné (France team 2012, top 10 France)
– Dimitri Georges (Top 15 France, winner ZE RACE 2014 and 2015)
– Romuald Mamadou (vainqueur ZE RACE 2016 et 2017)
– Boris Jinvresse (top 10 France)
– Yoann Cornélis (Team France 2012)
– Florent Dode (long distance racing specialist)
– Garrett Fletcher (the fastest Stand Up Paddler on the US East Coast)
– Mathieu Astier (Total SUP)
– and more…
– Oscar Chalupsky (12 times world champion of Sursfki)
– Didier Vavasseur (Olympic medalist in Kayak)
– Nicolas Lambert (Team France, champion of France, European Champion, winner ZE RACE 2017 and 2015 in surfski…)
– Stéphane Roudault (winner ZE RACE 2016 in surfski…)
– Joël Doux (Canoë Kayak Magazine)
– and more…
Outrigger canoe :
– Damien Troquenet (Champion in Outrigger Canoe and Va’a, winner ZE RACE 2016 in outrigger canoe)
– Stéphane Bodet (2nd à ZE RACE 2016 et vainqueur ZE RACE 2017)
– Loïc Behin (top 10 France)
– and more…
What’s new in 2018 ? :
– The finish line of ZE RACE 2018 will take place on SUNSET PADDLING on the beach of Canella Beach Hotel, in Gosier. A village of arrival and a podium will be installed to welcome the public and to propose to him animations and free initiations to the different disciplines represented on ZE RACE.
– The Mini Ze Race, a 5km race open to all, young and old, in SUP, kayak, outrigger canoe, prone, will see its start and its finish at SUNSET PADDLING, on the beach of the Canella Beach Hotel, in Gosier. A loop circuit for maximum fun for the competitors and show for the public on the beach.
Information and registration with Olivier Tanton: firstname.lastname@example.org and +590 690 72 58 57
Single price: 10 € (excluding equipment)
– ZE RACE opens to kitefoils. The Kitefoilers will start from Saint-François, will make a first run to Petite Terre, then a second run to the same finish site as Paddle competitors in Gosier. Infos and registration to email@example.com
Transport of boards ZE RACE 2018:
SET CARGO, partner of ZE RACE 2018, manages the transport logistics of the competitors’ boards coming from metropolitan France. To benefit from this, please contact Romuald by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: +590 690 86 96 85
Your free paddle baggage with XL AIRWAYS:
Competitors participating in ZE RACE 2018 and traveling with XL AIRWAYS from mainland France, can benefit of their paddle baggage if the dimensions and weight do not exceed the following values: Length 210cm, width 30cm, depth 10cm . Max weight: 4kg.
ZE RACE 2018 Rules
Download here the ZE RACE 2018 rules :RÈGLEMENT COURSE ZE RACE 2018
The course in the open ocean, downwind, rally the islands of Petite-Terre (south east of St-François) to SUNSET PADDLING, at Gosier (south Grande Terre).
The course is 45 km in a straight line « perfect » on Google Earth. The actual distance traveled by competitors depends on their navigation. It oscillates between 45 and 50 km.
With ideal conditions of wind and sea, it is necessary to count approximately 3 hours of race for the 1st in Surfski, 3h45 for the 1st in Outrigger Canoe, 4h00 for the 1st in Stand Up Paddle and 5h00 for the 1st in Prone Paddleboard.
The start will be given from Saint-François.
The arrival is on the same site as the paddle competitors, at SUNSET PADDLING, on the beach of Canella Beach Hotel, in Gosier. These two supports being faster, it takes between 1:30 and 2:30 of race.
For all, the race time is limited to 8 hours maximum. Stop the competitors at 6 pm if they have not passed the ilet du Gosier.
ZE RACE COURSE 2018 (SUP, Outrigger Canoes, Surfskis, Prones Paddleboard) :
ZE RACE Start from Petite-Terre (SUP, Outrigger Canoes, Surfskis, Prones)
The start of ZE RACE 2018 will be launched on Saturday 27 January 2018 in the lagoon of the Petite-Terre islands at 10:00am.
The starting line is materialized by the alignment of a flag « Watermen Karukera » on the beach and a boat of the organization. Each competitor aligns himself, as he pleases, on this starting line.
Audible and visual signals give the starting orders:
– 2 short shots of horn 10 minutes before start + a RED flag lifted.
– 1 long blow of horn to launch the start + a GREEN flag lifted.
ZE RACE : Start from Petite-Terre (SUP, Outrigger Canoes, Surfskis, Prones) :
The finish line at SUNSET PADDLING
The finish line of ZE RACE 2018 takes place at SUNSET PADDLING, on the beach of Canella Beach Hotel, in Gosier (from 12:00 for the fastest, and until 6:00 pm for the last).
Arrival is as follows:
– to pass to the south of Ilet du Gosier.
– along the Pointe de la Verdure (2km) and pass the tip of the hotel La Creole Beach.
– leave on the right a triangular red buoy « Organization »
– pass a gate consisting of 2 buoys « organization » facing the beach of Canella Beach Hotel.
– the clock stops at the passage of the door.